[vox] OT: Paranoid geek

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:17:47 -0700

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO

I remember a Microsoft Tech Talk (I think it was two years ago) =20
introducing .NET, and I remember the presenter making a statement about =20
how .NET is good for everyone, even for the paranoid geek who doesn't =20
trust the corporate big guys. (He can run his own .NET server) At the =20
time, I laughed because there's now way *I'd* ever trust the corporate =20
guys that little.

Now, with fetchmail/procmail running every 5 minutes by cron, so I can =20
spamassassin my email before I read it, always ssh-ing to my computer =20
to get stuff done, and bind9 running on my own machine as my DNS (I did =20
it to work around verisign, and don't feel like undoing it just yet), I =20
think I now qualify as a paranoid geek, running everything off my own =20
Linux box.

Just an interesting thought.

(BTW, would those people who said they'd sign my GPG key please send it =20
to me if they haven't done so already?)

--=20

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO--