[vox] Crepe Bistro

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:01:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Larry wrote:
> the bistro has pretty underpaid employees and food service work is hard.
> did you tip enough for a big late group?

1. You show me someone with deep self-loathing and spite towards humanity,
and I'll show you someone in the service sector.

2. Tipping comes after service.  I used to go every week with a few
buddies to a local eatery up here - one waitress ghave us atrociiously bad
service.  I left her a dime for a 40 dollar tab.  The next week we were
there and she was there as well, but we were served by her compatriot who
did a great job.  i tipped 30-35% (20% + a bonus just out of fucking
spite for the crank-job her co-worker did).