[vox] Crepe Bistro

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:46:09 -0700

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 03:00:13PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>=20
> After the last LUGOD meeting, we went to Crepe Bistro as usual.
>=20
> Unfortunately, most of us found the service far worse than typical
> (I ordered by food at 9:40... it arrived at 10:05, and they refused to
> give me the water I had ordered, forcing me to go use the fountain at
> Baskin Robbins next door, which was in fact technically closed as well).
>=20
> People have mentioned a few alternatives.  What do people think?
>=20
>   Baker's Square
>     - We moved from here because many people didn't like the food,
>       and because they closed at 10pm, while Bistro was open til 11pm.
>       The latter is no longer the case.  Bistro has closed at 10 for many
>       months now
>=20
>   AppleBees
>     - New in town.  Kind of expensive.  Open later (not sure how late).
>       Very tasty desserts.  Not the best fare for us vegetarians.
>=20
>   IHOP
>     - New in town.  Not the widest variety of dinner-style foods
>       (obviously mostly pancakes and other breakfast foods).
>       I think they're open fairly late as well.  Not 100% sure, though.
>=20
>=20
> Any other suggestions / ideas?

Our biggest problem last week was taht the meeting ran later than usual,=20
so we didn't make it to Crepe Bistro until later than usual.

After hearing the discussion that we might have to move again, on the=20
way back I passed Crepeville (across from Central Park), and saw their=20
door open, so I stuck my head in and inqured about their hours.  They're=20
open until 11:00, and serve until 10:30. (No idea whether they have=20
wireless)

As for AppleBee's, I've followed Davis College Repubilcans there after=20
their meetings, and we've been able to stay past 11:00. Downside: it's a=20
bit of a trek because it's in south davis, and bikers will be *forced*=20
to go up and down the bridge over I-80 (it's a very tall hill compared=20
to Davis), or they'll have to take a rather long detour to use the Putah=20
Creek bike undercrossing. (They probably don't have wireless)

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about=20

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ--