[vox] [fwd] OpenOffice campaign: Cotati-Rohnert Park results

Lincoln Peters vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:05:37 -0700

I seem to recall that I posted a URL to an OpenOffice flyer recently.  It
contains a few screenshots of OpenOffice that you might be able to use to
suggest that learning OpenOffice is far easier than she thinks.

I encountered resistance to putting OpenOffice on school computers, but the
justification was (supposedly) that the school technician was already
overworked and so he did not want to add anything extra to the computers.
However, he was perfectly willing to let me pass out CD's to students.

I can't say for sure if what you encountered is particularly common, but
I've never encountered anyone who so obviously held such an attitude.  In
any case, it does not speak well that someone who is paid to help others to
learn new things is so unwilling to learn new things herself...

Lincoln