[vox] [event ad] SHARE Linux Training Seminar

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 00:31:49 -0700

Fwd of a note LUGOD received from this org...

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from "Breen, Kate" <Kate_Breen@smithbucklin.com> -----

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:35:07 -0500
From: "Breen, Kate" <Kate_Breen@smithbucklin.com>
Subject: SHARE Linux Training Seminar
To: "'root@lugod.org'" <root@lugod.org>

Dear LUGOD leader,

My name is Kate Breen and I'm the marketing coordinator for SHARE
<http://www.share.org/> , the premier user-run organization for
enterprise-class computing professionals.  I'm writing you today to inform
you about a great opportunity for your members to obtain Linux training in
your area this October and a program where you can use and distribute free
training vouchers for you or your members if you choose to support us in
this effort.

Please read on if you are interested in this special Linux training
opportunity from SHARE.

About SHARE:
SHARE is a user community of more than 2,000 member companies with 20,000
individual contacts whose leadership and organizational structure is made-up
of hundreds of volunteer user-experts.  Inside SHARE, there are a number of
"Projects and Programs" that concentrate on issues, news and collaboration
for several IT disciplines and IBM products.  Linux & VM
<http://www.share.org/share/website/shareweb.nsf/1d99cd65f2badf1e86256b78006ccb15/7f7a788d6ace53a286256b880006c88c?OpenDocument>  is one of those
Projects.  We also host two annual user conferences
<http://w3.share.org/ca/2003/longbeach/>  featuring more than 160 Linux
technical sessions and a number of regional events
<http://www.share.org/regional_seminar/linux>  that offer Linux training and
education presented by users as well as IBM.  In fact, there are two Linux
seminars being offered in California next month.

The topical affinity between LUGOD and SHARE is very strong. SHARE is
serious about Linux and recognizes the important role LUGOD plays in the
Linux user community as a local user group. Participation in the SHARE Linux
Training Seminars will be a great opportunity for you to network and reach
out to new Linux users. Let's work together to bring quality Linux education
to users in your area.

About the SHARE Linux Regional Seminars:
SHARE is presenting Linux Training Seminars in San Francisco and Anaheim
this October. Mark Post of EDS will be presenting two-day interactive
seminars that deliver the most in-depth introduction to Linux and Linux/390
available. Linux: Getting Started
<http://www.share.org/regional_seminar/linux>  will be presented October
27-28 in San Francisco and October 30-31 in Anaheim.

In addition to course materials and onsite amenities, your user group
members will receive:
*	the SHARE Member registration rate-a savings of $100!
*      a FREE lifetime membership in SHARE
*      a $200 discount on the next SHARE User Conference in Long Beach, CA
this February.

Earn Free Seminar Vouchers!
SHARE would greatly value your support in promoting the Linux Training
Seminars. We know you are in contact with hundreds of Linux users at
different skill levels, including many that would benefit from this training
opportunity. If you agree to help us inform your users about this event, we
will offer you the ability to obtain a free seminar registration for every
five seminar registrations received using the LUGOD tracking code.

We hope you see this as a valuable opportunity for LUGOD members!  Please
respond to this email or call me at 312.673.5813 at your earliest
convenience so that we can discuss this in more detail and I'll be able to
provide you with materials to distribute to your members via email or at an
upcoming meeting. We're interested in supporting your local user group in
any capacity we can.  Please let me know if there is any other way SHARE can
be of assistance to you.
Thanks and I look forward to talking with you soon!

Kate Breen
Marketing Coordinator
SHARE Headquarters
Phone: 312.673.5813