[vox] [fwd] SourceForge.net Sitewide Update: September 30, 2003

John McDonnell vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:53:11 -0700 (PDT)

On the 2nd day of October, Bill Kendrick said to me:

> Does anyone happen to know if Spam Assassin or other filters are smart
> enough to say:
>   "mòrtgâge" ==> "mortgage" == spam word

They seem to be smart enough to have picked up on
Mo<random_crap>rtg<more_crap>age in HTML mails - i.e. adding bogus tags in
the middle of key words to fool the filters, which get ignored by the html
renderer.

At least, they seem to be catching more of this style spam in the alst
couple of weeks (since I installed apt-rpm and upgraded my box) :)

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | bucketchild.net - +1-707-237-5271 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org      - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .