[vox] question for PDA users

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:30:40 -0700

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:53:56AM -0700, Richard Burkhart wrote:
> Does the Zaurus have an input (either IR or plug-in) for any of the external
> fold-up keyboards? I know Palm units have a plug-in keyboard that holds the
> PDA up in monitor position ... a couple others keyboards used IR to
> send/receive info, but they looked awfully cheap & prone to breaking.

Yes.  PocketTop makes a folding keyboard, that folds up to about the size
of the Zaurus itself.  It talks via IR.

Man & Machine makes a rubbery keyboard that you can literally roll up and
stick in your back pocket.  It connects via the "Sharp I/O" connector at
the bottom.

I think the former is more popular.  It's also the one I've tried once.
Seemed pretty good, though I wish more of the function keys did more
interesting things.  No idea whether the Man & Machine one is easy to use...
looks like it'd be too 'squishy.'

-bill!