[vox] my mother has seen the light

Katie vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:01:47 -0800 (PST)

My mother has finally given up on Windows since a virus invaded her
computer allowing pop up windows to proliferate to the point she couldn't
close them down fast enough and a porn site somehow managed to establish
itself as her wallpaper.  She's ready to try linux, but she's a little
leary.  I want to make it as easy as possible on her so she doesn't feel
like she has to go back to Windows.  So here's what she's looking for:

1.  A version of linux that works well for someone who feels she has
absolutely no programming skills.

2.  The closest LUG to Alameda, CA

Thanks,
Katie

=====
--
Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy.
One is to let her think she is having her own way,