[vox] Re: RedHat business

Jonathan Stickel vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:32:34 -0800

David Margolis wrote:

> RedHat's commitment to support Fedora users for free (via up2date?) seems
> pretty generous too.  They probably figured they couldn't charge for
> something every apt user was already getting (especially with the recent
> howto on apt for rpm that was just printed in one of the magazines).

Is this true, that Fedora can be kept "up to date" with "up2date", for
free?  I would be really surprised, since RedHat has clamped down on
up2date's free use over the last few months (I know from personal
experience).  Can anyone vouch for this?  I wasn't aware of "apt for
rpm" either.  Does it work well, with Fedora?

Maybe it's too early yet for people to know these answers, but I would
really like to know.

Jonathan