[vox] OT: Contemplating the unthinkable...

Rod Roark vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:38:30 -0800

On Thursday 13 November 2003 12:16 pm, donw@examen.com wrote:
> ... MS has an
> incredible marketing department[1], and they also fit my criteria for a
> large-cap stock; and even if they do lose the 'OS' battle, it won't
> happen for awhile, and it would be nearly trivial for ...

This is all stuff that the market knows about, and is
reflected in the current price of the stock.

You want to make buy/sell decisions based on information
that is NOT widely understood.  Like perhaps your personal
perception of the improving viability of Linux on the
desktop.  MS has leveraged its desktop monopoly to achieve
much of its past success; if that is threatened, you will
not want to be holding MSFT shares.

Cheers,

-- Rod