[vox] [OT] Amusing WinXP EULA item

Jeremy Turner vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:00:42 -0800

--=-d5M7KsCakHlFXDF3G1tV

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 00:28, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> * The OS Components may include the Microsoft .NET
>    Framework. You may not disclose the results of any
>    benchmark test of the .NET Framework to any third party
>    without Microsoft's prior written approval.
>=20
>=20
> Kinda like:
>=20
> * By purchasing this car you agree that you will not disclose
>   its maximum speed to any third party without Honda's
>   prior written approval.

As another poster said, several companies have done this.  It sounds
more like a:
 * By purchasing this car you agree to not publish any test results
(especially any that show the vehicle in negative terms) without Honda's
prior written approval.

However, in this case, I am free to complain to Microsoft all I like
that .Net is too slow.  Which would not be spam due to Microsoft's own
EULA. :-)

Jeremy

--=20
Jeremy Turner <jeremy@linuxwebguy.com>