[OT] Innovative [was Re: [vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity]

Shwaine vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 22:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > Not to nitpick on a really off-topic thread but...
>
> that's what [OT] is for.  :)

Sometimes OT goes far too OT. Your reply, which I will snip for the sake
of brevity, is one such example of going far too OT. Perhaps your smart
physics professor should have also informed you that if you do not have a
constructive response to a discussion, you should keep your comments to
yourself. Your response was nothing but a dismissive straw man fallacy
based on the use of the word "just". I don't care what motivated the
response, be it a personal problem with me or a general pet peeve against
the word "just", but I would ask you to "think critically" about whether
such a response is truely necessary in the future.

For the sake of the others, this is the last I will say on this particular
subtopic on this list, regardless of Mr. Salzman's response. I will take
anything further I say to him off-list, if I respond at all. I debated
even responding on list with the above, but finally felt it warranted a
minor public response, since Mr. Salzman's email was based on a logical
fallacy.