[vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

Peter Jay Salzman vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 18:26:09 -0700

On Fri 30 May 03,  9:04 PM, Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com> said:
> On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 05:20:03PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> > My own highlights from today's SCO conference call:
>
>   One item that came up that I forgot to mention...

mike,

thanks for all the info.  i don't have much time to surf these days, and
your excerpts are exactly what i want to stay informed.

however, i find myself caring less and less over the validity of SCO's
claim (which we're all in agreement over) and caring more and more about
the time frame in which all this will blow over and be forgotten.

has there actually been any legal action yet?

is there a way that someone can force SCO into a court to either prove
its claims or shut up forever?

what is the estimated time in which linux can put all this behind us?

this whole thing gives me a sense of deja-vu.  i don't think many people
(other than the really misinformed) REALLY believed anything catastrophic
would happen.  by the time 2000 rolled around, i was just happy to not
read about it in the news anymore...

pete