[vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

Peter Jay Salzman vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 15:42:42 -0700

On Fri 30 May 03,  3:32 PM, John McDonnell <vox_spam@johnmc.org> said:
> On the 30th day of May, Peter Jay Salzman said to me:
>
> > if IBM buys SCO out to "shut them up", the stockholders might be very
> > grateful...
>
> Ahh, but you can be certian that IBM won't buy them until they are beaten
> to a bloody pulp and their stock price isn't worth the bits whizzing
> around the net.
>
> johnmc.

what if the combined court cost, unwanted publicity and nervous
customers turns out to be more expensive than buying SCO?

no ... i don't think you can be certain of anything.  it's a gamble, for
sure.   one that i believe SCO won't win, because i agree with you that
IBM won't bail out SCO's shareholders.

but certain of that?

never.

pete