[vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 14:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Mike Simons wrote:

> - SCO will "settle the issues with Novell in court".

because Novell wont rack their skulls open like IBM will.

> - SCO will require people getting the code next week sign a NDA,
>   such that the code doesn't leak out more.

more?  oh, i would love to see the terms on that NDA.

> - SCO sent a notice of breach of contract letter to IBM over their
>   used of Unix in AIX, and intend to revoke IBM's right to use or
>   sell AIX after 100 days.

They're whole attack on IBM is laughable at best.

> - SCO had three other parties look into their discovery of their source
>   inside the Linux kernel, over the last few months and all of them
>   came back saying SCO's claim is valid.

I would be curious if they have identified these 3 other 'independent'
parties.