[vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 16:37:44 -0700 (PDT)

SCO has not always had amenable relations with MS (think Xenix and
Tarantella among others).  I think this was a case of bad coincidence more
than any planned machinations by MS with SCO as proxy (MS isnt that stupid
but SCO *is* that desperate).

I still maintain that at best (for SCO) is that IBM buys them and quashes
this (which I think is SCOs plan to start with - they want an exit from
their death by a thousand fuck-ups) and at worst (for SCO) is that IBM
gets very vindictive and does the legal equivalent of making SCO dance on
a landmine in metal boots.