[vox] Merits of x-no-archive (was on vox-tech: Calculating partition sizes

Mark K. Kim vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 13:34:12 -0700 (PDT)

I got an idea.  Can we do this?:

   1. Setup alias e-mail addresses for vox@ and vox-tech@.
      Like vox-noarch@ and vox-tech-noarch@

   2. Anything sent to the aliases don't get archived.

Since most people simply reply, and our reply-to is the list address,
anybody who sets the reply address to the noarch version will pretty much
set all replies to non-archival mode.  Sometimes people change threads
from vox-tech to vox, but I assume anybody thoughtful enough to switch
discussions to proper list should have enough brains to keep the -noarch
in the list address.

What do you think?  It seems like we got enough system in place to do
this, except perhaps aliasing, which shouldn't (heh... shouldn't) be too
difficult to set up.

-Mark