[vox] Merits of x-no-archive (was on vox-tech: Calculating partition sizes

Mark K. Kim vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:44:53 -0700 (PDT)

moved to vox since the discussion went non-tech.

I know I can use the x-no-archive header.  The problem isn't my posting,
but people who are gonna quote my posting in their replies.  If the
threads following a posting can also be unarchived by the header I would
use the feature but it's useless unless everyone respects the poster's
original header, and as murphy's laws go not everyone will respect the
poster's x-no-archive, either because they don't know how to use the
header, don't care, don't know any better, by accident, or whatever.  It
could be useful but it's not a feature I trust completely so I won't use
it unless I got no other choice.  It's unfortunate :(

-Mark