[vox] Stupid User Tricks

Richard Crawford vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:49:27 -0700 (PDT)

Peter,

Thanks for your suggestions and sympathy.  It takes a lot for me to feel
pretty darn stupid, but this is one of those things. ;-)

We have a plan at this point, and we have all of the original installation
media of the software that was on the machine kept in a safe.  We also
have all of the configuration scripts for the software on our production
machine.

Our plan is to reinstall the OS, reinstall the JRun and CF server
software, and copy our configuration and data files from the production
server.

There is at least one upside to this.  The dev server and production
server were running different operating systems (well... dev was running
Solaris 8 and Pro was running Solaris 9).  This at least gives us a chance
to make sure that Dev and Pro have identical operating environments.

My wife has promised me a beer this evening, so all will be well.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford