[vox] Looking for Part Time IT Consultant

Nathan Johanson vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 12:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Before I get into the kludge, let me state the main
point. We're hiring! I know this is a Linux list, and
Linux experience is a definite plus, but most of the
work will be in the Windows environment. If you're
interested (or know someone who is), please read on.

W're a small IT outsourcing company in the
Sacramento area named The Computer People. We provide
computer networking services for small businesses in
the area. We also offer several online services,
including offsite application hosting, web, email,
spam and antivirus filtering.

We are a *small* business (the owner, myself, a
bookeeper, and part time receptionist). However, we
are growing and looking to hire part time IT staff (a
full time job is a very good possibility, but a time
table cannot be committed to).

This person would need to have a wide range of skills
that pertain to running a network in a small to
mid-sized business, such as:

* basic helpdesk skills
* a real technical intuition and sense for resolving
all sorts of technical issues.
* Windows 2000 server installation and maintenance
* Exchange Server (various flavors)
* Disaster recovery, VPN, Firewall, and so on.

Some Linux and NetWare experience is a plus, but not
necessary.

Most importantly, this person must have good PEOPLE
skills. This isn't a cliche. The owner is a real
stickler for good personable employees that can
establish lasting relationships with the clients
(technical aptitude is really second fiddle to this
requirement).

If you're interested, please send an email to
nathan@tcpnetworks.net.

Sincerely,

Nathan Johanson
Email: nathan@tcpnetworks.net