[vox] [OT] CA No-call list

Micah J. Cowan vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:26:54 -0800

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 12:20:15PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i used to have numbers like that, but i take a proactive stance on spam,
> rather than retroactive (which i suspect you take if you only use sa).
>
> what i do:
>
> 1. report it to spamcop

> 2. use ORDB rbl (dropped spam count by a LOT.  thanks rod!)
> 3. use spamcop rbl (dropped spam count be even more.  thanks mike!)

I use RBLs too (via SpamAssassin). But I still let it drop into a box.
There has been at least one occaision when a legit message sent to vox
used an RBL'd relay.

> 4. wrapped exim with tcpd and whenever i get 2 pieces of spam from a
>    network within the spam of 1 month, drop the network in my
>    tcpwrappers.

My main mail account is forwarded from a .name mail server, since you
can't buy .name TLDs at the second level as you do with other TLDs
(you buy at the third level and up; email addresses are available on
the second level, but you can't get your own domain name at that
level). So this isn't an option to me.

-Micah