[vox] Looking at Laptops

Chris Brick vox@lists.lugod.org
12 Mar 2003 08:59:04 -0800

> No list is complete without IBM.  I've always loved my thinkpads.  I like
> the nipple better than the touch pad (though I think some dell's give you
> both).

I'll second this.  I traded some hardware for a T20 PIII 700 256MB
12GB/HD last week.  Suspend works flawlessly as does sound and video.
Certainly worth a look if you are in the market for a used laptop as
they sell for $450 to $750.  I haven't messed with the DVD player and I
haven't tried to get the scroll functions of the trackpoint (eraser
mouse thingy) working but all in all, it's a great piece of hardware.

I'm running RH 8.0.

Chris