[vox] OT: "The Net" and "Swordfish" <- Reference to Linus Torvalds?

Micah J. Cowan vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:24:51 -0800

> For example, did you all catch the information about "The World's Number
> One Hacker" as he is picked up at LAX? Yep, his name was Axl *Torvalds*
> and he was from *Finland* and if you look at his Finnish Birthday it is
> December 31, 1964 while Linus Torvalds is December 28, 1969. Now a "4" can
> look like a "9" and there is only a 3 day difference here, and they share
> the same last names... Could it be the message is that Linus is "The
> World's Number One Hacker" ?

Even more interesting if you stop to consider that Linus, in his book
"Just for Fun", mentions that there are only (I think it was) 25
Torvalds in the entire world, and they're all his family... his
grandpa (or something) invented the name from their old one.

To be honest, I was a little offended seeing Axl when I knew this
piece of information; Axl was no hacker, merely a cracker
terrorist...

-Micah