[vox] About this vox-jobs idea...

Mike Simons vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 04:00:46 -0500

[OT: first post! (in a few years) ;]

Hi all,

  I would like to see a vox-jobs list.

  Parts of this thread accidentally landed in some another list I actually
read, so I figured now that I have procmail setup and running to file
mails and mutt working to switch between folders, it wouldn't hurt too
much to join vox again :).

  Without alot of digging around I can't get access to a mbox format
of the vox threads so I'm piecing things of interest from the web archive.

pete wrote:
# approving X non-subscriber posts a day for large X and
# a single list would be a big bummer.
#
# the upshot is that anyone who has spammed vox, vox-tech, vox-announce,
# vox-outreach, vox-officers or me personally (this is why you always see
# me logged into lugod.org 24 hours a day) is in the postfix spamming
# list, so they won't be able to spam vox-jobs.
#
# also, would we allow non-linux, non-OSS jobs?   that would not fall
# under lugod's official charter.

pete, in another post:
# bill wrote:
# > Can't the list be set up to auto-delete non-subscriber posts?
# > (Rather than sending them to admin for approval/rejection?)
#
# unfortunately, not.

  If the notes set to the list admin go by email, a procmail rule should
be able to reply "reject" and direct anything you want to /dev/null.

discussion of zero sum game, non-overlapping people helping.

discussion of techoire and ryze.