[vox] Oracle AppServer (9iAS) training - Quilogy Roseville

Marc Elliot Hall vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:25:07 -0700

Eric D. Pierce wrote:
> fwiw, Quilogy Roseville offers Oracle 9iAS training (they
> are an Oracle business partner):
>
> http://www.quilogy.com/locations.aspx?page=85
>
> I attended training there recently and was very satisfied
> with their instructors and facility. They went beyond the
> usual "Oracle-speak" mindset that I was expecting.

I have also attended Quilogy training in Oracle 9iAS. Although the
experience was valuable, I did find that the instructor had a few gaps
in knowledge that may make a difference in implementation; e.g., he said
that the Oracle 9iAS web server was an Oracle product, when, in fact, it
is Apache -- And then he was thoroughly confused when I informed him
that Apache was an Open Source, freely available web server. Apparently,
he'd never heard of Free software before.

Overall, though, I'd say that their training was 4 out of a possible 5;
with the exception of the aforementioned gaps, it was very helpful.

> If Quilogy sees it as a sufficiently attractive marketing
> opportunity, they might be willing to send one of their
> trainers to do a user-group presentation.

That's a possibility -- if for no other reason, it would be good to
raise Quilogy's awareness of Free and Open Source software.

> regards,
> ep
>

> On 30 Jun 2003 at 0:54, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>

>>I just noticed this over on SacLUG.org:
>>
>>  Wednesday, July 9, 2003 -

>> ... has been working on Oracle App
>>  Server