[vox] July SacLUG meeting: PERL and Linus Sphinx on Java for web apps (July 9th)

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:54:53 -0700

I just noticed this over on SacLUG.org:

  Wednesday, July 9, 2003 -
  Michael Wenk on PERL and Linus Sphinx on Java for web apps.

  Location: ExitCertified
  Time: 7 - 9pm

  Michael Wenk will discuss CGI using PERL somewhere between the basics,
  such as making a form, processing it, etc., and more advanced topics like
  DBI or other modules. Linus Sphinx will talk about Java. I am waiting for
  more info from him regarding his content. I have a feeling it will involve
  XML, XSLT, and Cocoon. But... I do know Linus has been working on Oracle App
  Server, which he says includes Orion. We may just hear more about that.

For all the details, see:

  http:/www.saclug.org/