[vox] [OT] pacbell making life miserable again

Nicole the Wonder Nerd vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:06:06 -0700

Up spake Peter Jay Salzman on Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 07:38:46AM -0700:
> as it turns out, for some reason i can't begin to guess, our check was
> cashed for the wrong amount.  in other words, the check was made out for
> X, but was cashed for Y, where Y < X.  thus "we didn't pay the full bill
> on time" even though we sent in the proper amount.

Damn, that's weird!

I second the suggestion to get CPUC into the picture.  I had my own
Nicole-in-Pac-Bell-Wonderland story last year; I eventually wrote CPUC (and
let Pac Bell know that I'd done so) and it worked like a charm.  Maybe
CPUC sends Ernst and Victor over for a little visit.

--nicole twn

***
"All that's left is the one and the zero, and which one are you?"--Peter
Mulvey
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital drivel for a weary world.