[vox] spam control: send email to confirm

Micah J. Cowan vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:57:37 -0700

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 01:50:22PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> On Monday 23 June 2003 11:32 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > very impressive:
> >
> > http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/confirm/
> >
> > one of those "send an email to confirm you're not a spammer" type spam
> > controls.
> >
> > when someone sends you an email for the first time, they have to send a
> > confirmation email to verify they're not a spammer.  after that, it
> > keeps a record of people who confirmed themselves.  people are only
> > asked to confirm once.
>
> What I'd like to know how to do, is tie this into spamassassin. Set my
> threshold fairly low, then if spamassassin flags it, make them confirm for
> delivery.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that!

Couldn't you use procmail to check for spamassassin's flags, and then
if X-Spam: YES (or whatever the appropriate check was; I forgot), pipe
it through the confirmation thingy*?

-Micah

*  (That's the official technical term, naturally ;) )