[vox] spam control: send email to confirm

Richard Burkhart vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:28:59 -0700

While in general that's a pretty good way to run things -- it makes things
difficult when the person doing the reply-to-a-graphic-image is (for
example) blind.

I bring that up because it was a topic of discussion yesterday ... as I was
talking to a buddy of mine who IS blind, and was tired of calling his
roommate over to help him make it through those website forms that his
text-to-speech translator couldn't handle.  When the roommate's not there,
he's kind of stuck -- since asking his guide dog for help only gets his face
licked.  But then again, she might just be begging for more food.

Some sites will have an ADA-alternative ... choose that link, and instead of
a graphic, it'll send out a WAV file with the word-to-reply-with.

Any other methods out there?