[vox] LUGOD yard sale (was re: [OT] For Sale: WebTV unit)

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:02:20 -0700

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 07:00:07PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> On Sunday 22 June 2003 08:31 pm, zeruch@pao.damagestudios.com wrote:
> > I suppose you could also provide slips/receiopts to people who would want
> > the tax writeoff (donate to 501c3...etc etc)
>
> LUGOD is a 501(c)7 non-profit. IIRC, donations to 501(c)7 groups are not tax
> deductable. IANAA (I am not an accountant)

Sadly, this is true.

We applied for 501(c)7, but they gave us a 3.

Since we've been doing lots of other non-social stuff that's good for
the community, I've suggested we look into getting our status changed,
if possible.

Henry - have you looked into this yet?

(I'm doubting this switch could happen any time soon; e.g., not in time for
a "yard-sale" event, but still...)

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/