[vox] Re: [vox-tech] [OT] reloaded

Richard Burkhart vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:40:06 -0700

Trinity, Neo, Morpheus, etc. were all 'use names.'  As mentioned in the
first movie, Neo grew up with the name "Thomas Anderson." While plugged in
and ignorant, Trinity was probably known by an ordinary average name like
"Jennifer Mogenwitz."

I imagine they picked those names themselves - either as hacker handles
(like Neo) or chosen in the real world, after having been unplugged and
flushed down the sewers.