[vox] i will never again complain about DSL prices in davis

Jeff Newmiller vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote:

> Up spake Michael Wenk on Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 02:22:33PM -0700:
> > You don't really need a static IP.  Just set up a dyndns entry, and have your
> > linux box run ddclient to update it.  It works rather well IMO.  Unless
> > you're planning on doing tunnelling, it should work just peachy.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but will this work for PPPoE, too?

Most of the time.  Some ISPs block certain TCP/UDP ports... in the case of
windows networking ports, we should all be glad of that, but sometimes
their TOS prohibit public web, mail, or dns servers or more.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing