[vox] [reminder] RoseLUG meeting tonight - "Networking Linux & Windows"

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:31:08 -0700

RoseLUG meets tonight at Nerdbooks.com in Roseville.
Mark Liechty will be doing a talk on "Networking Linux and Windows":

    How do you get your Windows and Linux systems to talk?
    Most of us have some level of Windows systems in our homes/offices.

    Most of these systems also share files that we would like to be able
    to access from our Linux boxes.

    This month we will be having a "hands-on" tutorial in the basic command
    that we can use to access Linux file shares from our Windows systems
    and Windows shares from our Linux boxes. These can be scripted to allow
    automated functionality that works almost all of the time.

    I plan to bring laptops running both systems and if you have portable
    systems you can feel free to bring them along.

    This is a bit different than the normal meeting in that we will be
    working as a group to answer questions and will be able to test all
    theories on "live" systems at the meeting.

6:30pm (an hour from now) at Nerdbooks.com, 911 Washington Blvd., Roseville.

  http://www.roselug.org/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org