[vox] linux+ certification

Nicole the Wonder Nerd vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:51:23 -0700

Up spake Peter Jay Salzman on Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:28:03PM -0700:
> reports bad sectors, using the "vendor supplied diagnostic disk" rather
> than first unmounting the partition and running fsck.

Vendor-supplied diagnostic disks that work under Linux?  Must be nice.

> all in all, it was a pretty interesting experience.  the test was on
> some kind of windows machine, of course.  the irony of taking a linux
> certification.  but then again, comptia is NOT a friend of open source;
> they're bedfellows of microsoft.

I took my GRE at a Sylvan Learning Center in Sacto in late '99.  I was sort
of expecting a lean, mean Machine Of Doom, you know, running a
UNIX or something and locked down tight against cheaters.  Imagine my
surprise when I was shown a Windows 3.1 system, which froze while the
test center operator was getting it all set up for me.  This does not
auger well, I remember thinking.  But I did fine on the test, so I didn't
complain.
Maybe I should have.

--n twn

***
"Always expect to be disappointed, and you won't."--from the Compendium of
Rarely Used Cliches
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital drivel for a weary world.