[vox] MP3 of Seth Schoen's interview on Dr. Andy now online; be gentle!

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:49:04 -0700

I downloaded the RealAudio archive of Dr. Andy's show this past Wednesday,
cut out everything before his interview with Seth Schoen of the EFF,
and converted it to a mono, slightly lower quality MP3.

I've placed it on my own personal FTP site...  I don't actually have the
disk quota to keep it there forever, but I should have sufficient bandwidth
to host the file for a while.  The file is about 8.5MB in size.

  ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/nbs/kdvs-2003.07.16.mp3

As I mentioned last night, the RealAudio is up at KDVS's FTP site.
It will remain there until it gets replaced during Dr. Andy's next show,
next week.  That file is the ENTIRE show, and is about 14MB in size.

If anyone's got big pipes and lots of space, and willing to archive this MP3
(and some of LUGOD's other large media; mostly other Dr. Andy recordings :^) ),
please let me know.

In the meantime, enjoy!

If you don't care about the audio, but just want the _content_, then by all
means check out the text-only transcript of the interview that I typed up
last night:

  http://www.lugod.org/documents/media/kdvs-2003.07.16.txt

Enjoy!

-bill!
webmaster@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis

PS - Doug Barbieri has offered to videotape Seth's upcoming talk at LUGOD
     (July 21st, as if you didn't know!)