[vox] IMUG meeting tonight

karthikeyan.balasubramanian vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:59:34 +0530

Hi Bill,

> IMUG meeting in Cupertino tonight.  The topic will be the "Simputer", a
Linux-based PDA
> from India (as reviewed on www.LinuxDevices.com, I'm sure).

I am from India and today only i came to hear about Simputer(ofcourse from
you).  Just shows
how popular simputer in india is :(.  I checked out their website and came
to know that it was
started on 2002.  Cost $200.  I still feel its bit costly for our people
here.  I could buy a good
second hand P2 system with that cost :).  Just my thoughts. There are many
things people
see when buying a device such as these.

* is it low cost?
* now if this device fails what ? (it is difficult for them to repair it
cause very few people know their
internal architecture)
* IML (now they cant see their favorite website) does it connect to
internet?
I didnt see that in the FAQ pages.

Happy Note : It runs on Linux :).

> Anyone wanna carpool down with me?  Note: My AC is dead, so we'll be
driving with the windows down ;^) [*]