[vox] [OT] ucd.life

Richard Crawford vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Jay Salzman said:

> but the thing is, susan rankin is like a soap opera.  she's meaningless
> unless you spend the time to learn who the other characters are and what
> they do.  the more you watch, the more you're hooked...

Holy cow, that is some impressive stuff.  I really wish I'd been around
ucd.life in its glory days.  Moderated mailing lists just don't offer the
same opportunities for that kind of spectacle.

Wow.

I'm impressed by the persona of Susan Rankin, but I'm more impressed by
Joe's eloquence and sense of humor.  Pretty neat stuff.  But, yeah, the
impact is lessened by knowing that it all happened four or five years ago.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry