[vox] [OT] ucd.life

Peter Jay Salzman vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:09:29 -0700

On Mon 07 Jul 03,  4:01 PM, Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> said:
> Joseph Estevao Arruda said:
>
> > I wish I had archived her homepage...that was some funny ass shit.
> > Frankly, usenet is pretty much dead now that spam, IRC, and the move to
> > web-fora with their 'wonderful' use of animated banners, emoticon gifs,
> > and general overwrought design has pretty much left usenet as a
> > backwater for warez traders and pr0n.
>
> I am intrigued now.  Who was Susan Rankin?

i wouldn't even know how to begin.

joe shared a special relationship with her so he's more qualified to
talk about her.    ;)  i don't actually know much about what she did.
i've never even seen her.

do a google news search on "susan rankin" in ucd.life.  you'll see such
classics like:

Susan Rankin: Legacy of Lies
Susan Rankin: On Morality
Susan Rankin: In Mensa?
Susan Rankin: The Drinking Game
Susan Rankin: On SEX
Susan Rankin: A Simple Anecdote
Susan Rankin: On Burroughs

but the thing is, susan rankin is like a soap opera.  she's meaningless
unless you spend the time to learn who the other characters are and what
they do.  the more you watch, the more you're hooked...

pete