[vox] Fonts for Gimp

Dick McCabe Jr vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:22:55 -0800

I am trying to get the Gimp to recognize more fonts that I know are on
my system.  After a bit of Googling I came up with using the KDE Control
Center to add fonts to the system.  I added fonts from
"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TTF".  Most, if not all, were already listed in the
Gimp font selection but I was not able to use them.  Everything worked
fine and I saved the changes.  But.... when I opened the Gimp and tried
to use any of the new fonts, Gimp crashed into a heap, instantly gone
from the desktop.  If I try to use the old fonts that I used before
there is no crash.
Any ideas??
I am using Mandrake 9.1.

Thanks  Dick