[vox] Microsoft interested in our feelings

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:57:27 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 08:56:37AM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
> > Perhaps they can start by explaining why we should talk to
> > them after they supported SCO's anti-Linux campaign.
>
> FWIW, Michael apparently dropped in the Greater Seattle LUG in November,
> and send a similar e-mail to that group.  As a PS, he mentions:
>
>   This report is a skunkworks project of mine, and really doesn't
>   have anything to do with my "day" job. I just feel very strongly that
>   Microsoft needs to listen better to what users need and want to try and
>   change attitudes.

This is also probably, bullshit.  I am very sure if he was pulling moves
like this and he is part of any PR/Mktg division at MS, they are fully
sanctioning his activities (either officially or under the radar).

MS would not allow this any other way, so let's not get too Michael
STipeish-shiny-fucking-happy-people ok?