[vox] RIAA-safe music

Karsten M. Self vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:14:25 -0800

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

on Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:33:15AM -0800, R. Douglas Barbieri (doug@dooglio=
=2Enet) wrote:
> Here is a nice tool for finding out if an album or recording has been
> released by a member of the RIAA:
>=20
> http://magnetbox.com/riaa/
>=20
> I am a classical music fan, and I have discovered a non-RIAA record
> label--Naxos. They are able to bring a full CD to market at prices that
> are reasonable. For example, I can get a recording of the Berlioz
> Requiem from Amazon for $11.99, a two disc set. The equivalent RIAA
> price would be more like $23.98.

Interesting point:  the recent price reductions osn some popular music
(particularly rock/pop) by some retailers specifically did *not* apply
to the classical repetoire.  Also:  while rock/pop sales are way down
=66rom, say, five years ago, "urban" (hip-hop, etc.) and classical sales
are both strong.

=2E..otherwise, thanks for the info, Doug.

Peace.

--=20
    "Charming man," he said. "I wish I had a daughter so I could forbid
    her to marry one ..."
    -- HHGTG

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--