[vox] Speakers

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:24:36 -0800

I'm finally pinging a lot of potential speakers I have spoken to in the past.
I've cleaned up the "TBA" page a little, removing out of date listings.

While I'm at it, I might as well as if anyone here is interested in speaking
at some point. We always enjoy having one of our own members do presentations!
(Mike Simons' impromptu presentation the day Edward Cherlin was late was
fabulous.  So Mike, keep 'em coming!)

One of the things I do, an I encourage the rest of you to do, is when I
read a particularly interesting article in a Linux magazine, or elsewhere,
I check to see if the author/developer/company is semi-local (e.g., Bay Area).
:^)

It's worked quite well in the past!  Unfortunately, I haven't had time to
read any of my magazines lately.  Much to Melissa's distress, I've got huge
STACKS of magazines around the house.  Some are even still in the plastic
wrap they were mailed in. <:^(

Not enough hours in the day, and I'm proof of it,

-bill!