[vox] Tivo question

Rob Rogers vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 04:19:55 +0000

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 12:21:09PM -0800, no2@humboldt.edu wrote:
> I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250, which has the Conexant MPEG II encoder.
> Could the Conexant component be the reason why I haven't been able to get
> this thing working under Linux (or should I continue to blame that on my
> sheer incompetence)?  The TV tuner itself is supposedly a Phillips 7115.

Actually, you're in luck with the PVR-250 (or 350, or I believe any card with that chipset) There's an opensource driver project going on it for a while. I haven't followed it too closely, but I know they've had it working for most people for 6 months or so now. It even supports the remote via lirc, and I believe they recently got the decoder/TV-out working on the PVR-350. Check it out at http://ivtv.sf.net/