[vox] Master and Slave

ME vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 00:41:10 -0800 (PST)

Rod Roark said:
> On Thursday 04 December 2003 11:26 pm, Ken Bloom wrote:
>> Apparently, /dev/hda discriminates against /dev/hdb.
>> http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/master.term.reut/index.html
>
> Better not tell them about male and female connectors....

People of many races have been slaves to people in nations throughout
history. (Consider the Roman Empire) As a result, I would like to see
elmination of Roman from the English language to be more PC.

The words "Roman Numerals" will be replaced with "that funky number system
that uses letters" and "romantic" will be replaced with "social actions
undertaken to aid procreation of the spiecies" (heh heh)

There are other names with other suggestions:
"RAM-Disk" and "You need more RAM"
"SCSI" "SCSI Disk" "SCSI Device"
"slot"
"port"
"services"
"gender bender"
"*client* and "*server*"

And WHAT ABOUT THE VAMPIRES!?
They are concerned about "bit" and "byte" as well as "vapiric taps"

Are people who are tone deaf sensitive to homonyms? Bass sounds like base
and then we have problems with 10BaseT.

We should also drop RGB cables since there are people who are Red-Green
colorblind and they may feel discriminated against or feel  that it miught
be false advertising for them. Instead we can go with CYMK and have
monitors that draw screens with pigments instead of light.

Dont even let me bring up that old discussionof the sexism in "man pages"
instead of "woman pages" or "person pages" (heh)

As long as there are living consious people, there will be disagreement on
what is considered "PC" (Antone want to disagree? ;-)