[vox] providing services from a broadband connection

David Margolis vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 01:29:50 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Michael Wenk wrote:
> My question for you is this:  Are you using the linux
> box for routing, or do you have a linksys(or other brand) device as a router?
> IF so, Id be willing to bet that is part of your problem.  If not, I am
> unsure.

That's a good point.  I used to have a D-Link router and every time I'd be
experiencing _outside_ problems I'd call my wife and ask if her
e-mail/browsing was working and it usually was.

I've had a Linksys for a couple months now, and until yesterday, I haven't
had a problem.  I found out this morning that yesterday's problem was a
known issue so maybe I have nothing to worry about.  Perhaps the D-link
(which I replaced for other reason) was a big part of the problem.

Dave