[vox] providing services from a broadband connection

Richard Crawford vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:15:38 -0800 (PST)

Trevor Lango said:

> I have SBC Yahoo! DSL (currently only $27.95/month!) and it is ALWAYS
> up! My IP is dynamic but I use the dyndns (http://www.dyndns.org/)
> service to update. Plus, as long as I don't turn the machine off, the IP
> never gets released anyways.

I have a static IP address from SBC Yahoo!  We'd gotten it back before
Pacbell was swallowed up, and they were giving out static IP addresses
because so few people wanted them.  They just let us keep it, though
they've occasionally tried to get us to upgrade out account.  Heh.

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore