[vox] Re: New virus?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:05:44 -0700

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 03:21:30PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 03:12:20PM -0700, ME wrote:
> >
> > You know what? My spamassassin seems to be dealing with those form me. I
> > have seen about 4 of 120 get through.

Spam Assassin on Sonic is definitely keeping me from seeing them.
So far I've received:

  "Approved"           -  47 copies
  "Details"            -  29 copies
  "My Details"         -  33 copies
  "Thank You"          -  57 copies
  "That Movie"         -  41 copies
  "Your Application"   -  44 copies
  "Your Details"       -  28 copies
  "Wicked screensaver" -  35 copies

Total SoBIG's:         - 314 copies  [ so far! ]

I'm just looking at these through Sonic's Graymail tool, so I can't see
exactly which of my addresses (aliases) they were sent to.
Irregardless, I'm still being affected (even if it just means having to
spend time wiping out hundreds of 100K files out of my account.)

Based on how much this is pissing _me_ off, I cannot _imagine_ how
frustrated Windows users must be, what with this coming on the heels of
the recent Blaster worm!  :^(

Anyway, this is getting off-topic.  Sorry for the noise...

bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick