[vox] [fwd] Linux and the recall election?!?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:26:07 -0700

In case not everyone was settled on Schwarzenegger for Governor ;)

-bill!

<snipped: request to forward to LUGOD>

----- Forwarded message from Dan Grigsby <dan@unpossible.com> -----

I've started a site (http://PlatformForCalifornia.org) to identify and
run a symbolic write-in candidate with strong Open Source connections in
the recall election for the position of Governor of California.

The state spends over $3 billion a year on IT, and with the recent $95
million Oracle scandal it's obvious that some new ideas for IT are
necessary.  I want to engage the OSS community to find potential
candidates and get a campaign going.  The campaign will raise attention
for Open Source Software.

There are full details of why and how this will come off at the website.
I'm hoping LUGs, PUGs, and such can help make this a phenomenon.  I
thought maybe lugod could help?

Thanks,

Dan

----- End forwarded message -----