[vox] LPI certification - 101

Peter Jay Salzman vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:09:20 -0700

On Tue 05 Aug 03,  1:15 PM, Michael Wenk <wenk@praxis.homedns.org> said:
> My biggest question would be is how much would this help you in obtaining
> employment?

who knows?  i can see it being useful for someone who doesn't have much
admin experience other than saying "i use linux".

> Have you talked to any employers that have said they wouldn't hire you unless
> you were certified ?

of course not.  that would be a bizarre thing for anybody to say.  but
if money isn't a tremendous issue, it's foolish not to have it on your
resume.  it's either a zero gain or win.  if it's a zero gain, then so
be it.  i just won't eat out a few times.  ;)

pete