[vox] Geek Swappers!

R. Douglas Barbieri vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 10:03:12 -0700

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 09:28:29AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:40:15AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:14:22PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > >=20
> > > Okay, the geek swap is ready to go, I think!
> >=20
> > And it is still on, even after the rain we had this morning! :-)
>=20
> Yep! :)  I'm _exhausted_ (couldn't sleep last night, even though I had be=
en
> up for most of the prev 40hrs), but I'll be getting a caffeine injection
> and heading over in a few minutes.

I have a big pot of organic coffee I'm brewing up (chocolate flavored, yum!=
), and
plenty of mugs!

> It sounds like Henry's already shown up (yay, someone who can count money=
 :) ).

Both Henry and Kevin are here.

> I put up a couple of signs yesterday advertising the event, and have
> a bunch more (with arrows) that can be put up between Richards Blvd and
> La Habra (where Doug lives), to direct people.

Good job!

> We apparently have LOTS of PCs (thanks, Karstyn!), so if you're looking
> for an old router, thin client, dumb terminal, or something old to
> skeletonize for parts, come on down!  This still will be going _CHEAP!_

Yes, lots. 8 monitors, $5 each. Plus 14 pcs, a playstation, a pile of
keyboards and mice. There is also a big assortment of other things as
well. We have a big television set (it was originally an $800 color set,
but for some reason it only shows tv programs in black and white--I
imagine it just needs some service). We have an ice cream maker, a
blender, a mini-refrigerator, a microfiche reader, a light cart for
housr plants, an exercise machine, and an answering machine, among other
things. All for cheap!